The fundraiser we were helping with is now over, and we are so excited to report the number! Thanks to the generosity of the vendors participating, and those who shopped and donated, we raised over $1700 USD for this wonderful organization.
You can help support their cause by following them on Facebook. You can also help support them by shopping in their store (they have some fun things), or donating directly.
Thank you again for your support!
It’s our 6th annual Paws for the Holidays fundraiser and we are excited to introduce this year’s charity, Semper K9. Semper K9 rescues dogs from shelters and trains them to be service dogs at no cost for disabled service members. They do this thanks to the support and donations from caring people like you! You may even recognize them from a story Mike Rowe did about them for the show Returning The Favor.
Consultants from each of these companies will be donating their commissions to Semper K9 during the event. We also have some original art for sale. Shop from any of the links below to help support this wonderful charity while getting your holiday shopping done. Feel free to share this page with friends, and join our event on Facebook for more info, games, and even prizes.
Original watercolor art by Joan Brienza Nardozzi. See the gallery here, comment on a photo if you would like to purchase.
Chloe and Isabelle– Find a great selection of affordable, classic, and on-trend women’s jewelry.
Jamberry– Nail wraps offer the hottest trends in fashion. Wrap your nails in over 300 different designs.
Pampered Chef– Shop quality kitchenware products, and find recipe inspiration.
Younique– Beautiful high quality makeup and skincare products. Never tested on animals!
Scentsy– Wickless candles and scented fragrance wax for electric candle warmers, scented natural oils, and diffusers.
We also have some fun themed items based on our Paws for the Holidays logos!
We all know how important it is to keep our pets healthy and safe. Did you know that these foods are bad for pets? This handy infographic gives 10 foods you should avoid feeding your pet, however there are others depending on what type of pet you have, so be sure to ask your veterinarian too!
- Food that contains xylitol like candies, toothpaste, gum and so on are truly harmful for the pets. This will make your dog to reduce the blood sugar levels.
- Keep your dogs away from alcohol as this will affect both the liver and the brain of your pets. Alcohols such as liquor,wine and even food that contains alcohol is very bad for the dogs.
- Also avoid onions and garlic as this will kill the red blood cells in the pets and may also cause to anaemia. So be careful while feeding your pets with different food as they may contain onion or garlic.
- Food that contains caffeine like coffee and tea are very dangerous. In addition to that some other food that contains caffeine includes chocolate, cocoa powder and energy drinks should also be avoided.
- Never allowed your dog to drink milk or consume dairy products. As the milk-based products will create digestive problems and also leads to diarrhea.
- Moreover your pups may also catch up with food allergies.
Fat trimmed from from meat will also make your dog feel sick. Even though it is cooked or uncooked they are completely bad for the dogs. This will cause digestive problem and make your dog too week.
- Fresh fruits like apple, banana, watermelon and orange seems to be good food for the dogs. But still you have to take something care by removing the seeds and leaves while the dogs eat them.
- Some fruits are also not good for your puppies. There are some fruits like peaches, plums and persimmons that will block the digestive system. These fruits also contain cyanide that will poison the dogs.
- Raw egg also has chance of food poisoning as this contains bacteria like salmonella or E. coli. Even though it is good for human beings it is not well recommended for pets. So always keep your dogs away from raw eggs.
- The medicines that you give to your dog will really have bad impact on them. In fact the medicines will make them feel more and healthy. Just be careful and keep all the medicines out of your dogs reach.