We were provided with a Heat Storm heater in exchange for our honest review. All opinions are our own.
You may be wondering why we would be reviewing a space heater on a pet blog, but we have a very good reason for it! Hedgehogs have specific heat requirements, and in our house we have found the best and easiest way for us to get Yuki the warmth she needs is by using a space heater in “her room”.
Birds also benefit from warmer homes, as do many other smaller pets. Since you might not want to heat up your entire home, like us, a space heater can be a great solution.
We were excited to get a chance to try out this space heater, especially when we saw two very important features!
It’s safe to touch, even on the grill, which is important if you have pets running around. And secondly, you can mount it on the wall up off the floor away from pets or people!
What we love about it:
- Option to mount on the wall is perfect for pet spaces, or other places where you don’t want a heater on the floor.
- It runs like your house thermostat, so it will tell you the temperature of the air, and it will run to keep the heat where you set it.
- It’s energy efficient. This is a big deal if you need to run it as much as we run ours.
- Quieter than the other model we were using.
- Easy to set up and run. It even comes with a remote!
- Has reusable filters. We love that you can just clean them instead of needing to replace them.
We tried the Wave model, and have been pleased with it in the room we are using it in. The room is about 10X11 feet, and the heater does a good job keeping it at about 75F. Like I mentioned, hedgehogs need warmth of about 73-80 degrees. It’s good to know what your pet likes of course, as some will prefer it on the cooler side, while others will like it hot! Since we don’t want to keep our entire house that warm, the space heater is a great alternative.
They do offer larger models if you have bigger rooms. To learn more and see all the models, be sure to visit the Heat Storm website.
We joke all the time about how an outfit isn’t complete without a bit of dog or cat hair on it. If there is one thing all pet parents know, it’s that sometimes our furry friends leave behind hairs on our clothes and furniture. Luckily, we have a great giveaway to help with this! You can win a Heavy Duty Lint Roller Pack and a 2-pack of Jumbo Lint rollers! These work so well, and make such great gifts for all the pet parents in your life.
These lint rollers are high quality, and they do a great job removing lint and pet hair from clothes! They are also great to use on couches, carpet, and even curtains. You don’t have to just use them to pick up after your pets though, they work well for many other quick pick-ups too, like crumbs, pine needs from the Xmas tree, and more.
I have found the little travel roller to be super handy too! And I really love this heavy duty roller because of it’s size. It’s great for going over surfaces quickly (perfect for couches and chairs).
I’ll spare you the nasty after photo, but let me just say that these really do pick up well! So much better than the lint roller we were using before (a wash off kind). I really like this style so much better, and am happy that they are made in the USA too.
OK pet lovers, are you ready for your chance to win? This giveaway is open to those in the USA, and you can enter via the form below. Even if you don’t win, you can find both items on Amazon for yourself, or for gift giving!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
We have shared a few treat boxes with you before, but they have always been for pets! Well today I am happy to share the Japan Box from Skoshbox. Why? Because it’s just for humans!
We have tried a few other snack boxes before and were always a bit let down. Skoshbox has been amazing though! We got a subscription to the Dekabox when we started to learn Japanese. It was a fun way to try new treats, but also to help us with our reading skills. So of course when Skoshbox wanted us to try out their newest and biggest box, The Japan Box, we were thrilled!
Why we love this subscription:
- Full sized treats. These are not samples, but full sized snacks!
- Comes quickly, usually on the very first day of the month.
- You can re-order your favorites on their website, and you get discounts based on how long you have subscribed.
- Treats are all from Japan, so you get to try things we just don’t have in the states.
- Fun mystery items (non-food).
- 100% legal food products, and they pay extra to label all of their products with a complete English translated ingredient list (very helpful).
- Super interesting snacks. This month included pudding flavored puffs, and octopus flavored sticks. Never boring!
The Japan box is great. In fact, I think we are going to have to upgrade our subscription! It comes with the most treats, both food and non-food, of all the boxes. That means you get two more of each kind over the Dekabox (which has more than the smallest Skoshbox). I especially liked the cute little sushi character key chain this month.
If you want to try a plan, we have a special code for you! You can save $2 off with the code: AIMEEROO. To see all the plan options visit the Skoshbox website. You can also connect with them on their social media channels, Facebook, Twitter, Instgram, and Pinterest.
Skoshbox provided a Japan box to us in exchange for our honest review. As always, our opinions are our own.