Category Archives: people helping animals
Want to give your dog a fun and flavorful treat? Try the new IAMS Shakeables Soft and Chewy treats for dogs. We have a fun pack to giveaway to one lucky reader in honor of the IAMS #ShakeItForward campaign that is helping feed shelter pets this holiday season.
IAMS Shakeables Soft & Chewy Treats for Dogs – 1 of Each Flavor:
- Gobble ‘Em Up with Turkey (as seen in Punk’d Puppy!)
- Un-baa-lievable with Lamb
- Clucky Me with Chicken
- 1 IAMS tennis ball (teach your dog to fetch, and reward with Shakeables!)
- 1 IAMS leash (Shakeables are always appreciated after a fun walk!)
This giveaway is open to those in the USA only. The winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond otherwise a new winner will be chosen. To enter, use the Rafflecopter form at the end of this post.
Don’t forget to watch and share the “Punk’d Puppy” video– which shows what happens when you trick a dog for treats. This video gives a smile and laugh to pet lovers everywhere, but it helps pets too. IAMS will donate a bowl of food to pets in need for every video view or #ShakeItForward hashtag share.
The IAMS #ShakeItForward food donation goes through December 31st – giving pet owners and animal lovers a fun and easy way to help provide meals to nonprofit animal shelters across the country during the holiday season.
Disclosure: I received this product and prize pack for a giveaway for free from Iams. All opinions expressed in this blog post are my own.
This Thursday, you can be a light for pets waiting in shelters. The message of Remember Me Thursday is to remember the millions of orphan pets who lost their lives over the last year. By uniting animal lovers across the world on one very special day, we can help raise awareness about animal adoption, and hopefully save the lives of more pets.
If you are active on social media, please help spread the message. There are images that you can share to help spread the word on the Remember Me Thursday homepage.
Other ways you can get involved:
1. Organize or attend a local pet candle-lighting ceremony
- Check with your local rescue facility to see if they will be participating.
- If they don’t know about the campaign, tell them about it!
- If they don’t have the time or resources, volunteer to help them!
(See “How Your Organization Can Participate” for an easy step-by-step guide.)
2. Light a virtual candle on September 26, 2013, for a pet on-line.
- Remember to invite friends and family to do the same.
3. ADOPT A PET!
- Always adopt.
- Encourage your friends and family to do the same.
“Life doesn’t have to be a drag for a handicapped pet – With the right products and support, specially abled pets can live happy, healthy, active lives.” Good advice from Lisa-Marie Mulkern, Director of Marketing and Communications for HandicappedPet.com.