We were provided with a Heat Storm heater in exchange for our honest review. All opinions are our own.
You may be wondering why we would be reviewing a space heater on a pet blog, but we have a very good reason for it! Hedgehogs have specific heat requirements, and in our house we have found the best and easiest way for us to get Yuki the warmth she needs is by using a space heater in “her room”.
Birds also benefit from warmer homes, as do many other smaller pets. Since you might not want to heat up your entire home, like us, a space heater can be a great solution.
We were excited to get a chance to try out this space heater, especially when we saw two very important features!
It’s safe to touch, even on the grill, which is important if you have pets running around. And secondly, you can mount it on the wall up off the floor away from pets or people!
What we love about it:
- Option to mount on the wall is perfect for pet spaces, or other places where you don’t want a heater on the floor.
- It runs like your house thermostat, so it will tell you the temperature of the air, and it will run to keep the heat where you set it.
- It’s energy efficient. This is a big deal if you need to run it as much as we run ours.
- Quieter than the other model we were using.
- Easy to set up and run. It even comes with a remote!
- Has reusable filters. We love that you can just clean them instead of needing to replace them.
We tried the Wave model, and have been pleased with it in the room we are using it in. The room is about 10X11 feet, and the heater does a good job keeping it at about 75F. Like I mentioned, hedgehogs need warmth of about 73-80 degrees. It’s good to know what your pet likes of course, as some will prefer it on the cooler side, while others will like it hot! Since we don’t want to keep our entire house that warm, the space heater is a great alternative.
They do offer larger models if you have bigger rooms. To learn more and see all the models, be sure to visit the Heat Storm website.