This Thursday, you can be a light for pets waiting in shelters. The message of Remember Me Thursday is to remember the millions of orphan pets who lost their lives over the last year. By uniting animal lovers across the world on one very special day, we can help raise awareness about animal adoption, and hopefully save the lives of more pets.
If you are active on social media, please help spread the message. There are images that you can share to help spread the word on the Remember Me Thursday homepage.
Other ways you can get involved:
1. Organize or attend a local pet candle-lighting ceremony
- Check with your local rescue facility to see if they will be participating.
- If they don’t know about the campaign, tell them about it!
- If they don’t have the time or resources, volunteer to help them!
(See “How Your Organization Can Participate” for an easy step-by-step guide.)
2. Light a virtual candle on September 26, 2013, for a pet on-line.
- Remember to invite friends and family to do the same.
3. ADOPT A PET!
- Always adopt.
- Encourage your friends and family to do the same.