Iams Home 4 the Holidays Special Event

We are excited to be hosting a very special Iams Home 4 the Holidays event on our blog for the next 7 days! Are you ready for this? For each heartwarming adoption story shared in this comment thread Iams will donate 10 meals to shelter pets! That’s right! Just share your adoption stories and you will be helping animals that are waiting for their forever homes.

There are other ways you can help too!

Join the Digital Dish Drive – New this year, Iams will feature a different dog and cat available for adoption on the Iams Facebook page (www.facebook.com/Iams), beginning Oct. 1, and during scheduled “feeding” times each day, every “Like” or “Share” will result in a meal donation to a participating shelter. You will see adorable pets like Berry (in the photo above). Cute photos and helping shelter animals? A win win if you ask me!
Iams Lifelong Rewards – Join the Iams community by mobile sign up at www.Iams.com or at a participating pet adoption center when you adopt your new family member. For every sign up, Iams will donate food to a homeless pet awaiting adoption.
Bags 4 Bowls – For every specially marked package of Iams pet food purchased during the campaign, Iams will donate one bowl of food to a participating Iams Home 4 the Holidays animal organization.
Find Adoptable Pets Near You – To find a participating animal shelter or rescue near you, visit home4theholidays.org.

What are you waiting for? Share those adorable, heartwarming, adoptions stories in the comment section below! Let’s donate an amazing amount of meals to shelter pets in need. Spread the word too, the more people we have sharing stories this week, the more pets we can help feed. Be quick, we only have until October 12, 2012!

This entry was posted in cats, dogs, holidays, people helping animals, pet stories, rescues. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Iams Home 4 the Holidays Special Event

1. Pingback: Help us help shelter pets! » The Stylish Nest

2. Aimee says:

When we rescued our little Baby, we had no idea all the love and joy she would bring. Since she was also a puppy mill puppy, she has had a lot of health problems in her lifetime, but through it all she is the sweetest, cutest little white wonder you could ever hope for!

3. Gina says:

My sister and I asked our mom if we could adopt a dog… and she finally said yes. The lady we adopted him from was surprised we were interested because the online picture was horrible and he was very skittish at the park where we met him. He is absolutely the softest dog you have ever met and a big sweet heart. While is still skittish at time and I think he has doggy ADD, we love him. Great cause!

4. Sarah says:

I was visiting my parent’s house for the weekend and my mom and I decided to go to a small art festival that was located a nearby park. An organization was there walking adoptable dogs and I quickly fell in love with Cheyenne. She was just so unique and beautiful. She is a Chow/German Shepherd/Golden Retriever mix. I knew that this was one of her last chances to get adopted because they often take them on these events as a last ditch effort. It took some work, but I convinced my mom to adopt her and we took her home that day! We quickly found out that she must have been abused in the past because she was scared of large men, but with a little work she stopped being scared of them. She is still scared of cameras, the refrigerator, and the air conditioner which all is going to take some hard work. She was definitely an impulse adoption and everyone who meets her loves her because all she wants is to be loved. She also likes to smile, which is the cutest thing ever. :)

5. Kristie says:

Our cat, Ponce was being fostered by a family with dogs and when we went to adopt him, it was obvious he was terrified by his surroundings. We took him home and introduced him to our other cat, Kitten (who was adopted from the super-adoption) and ever since, they have been best friends. Ponce brings so much joy to our home and sleeps on my pillow next to me every night. Adopting our cats was the best thing we ever did.

6. Pingback: Share your Pet Adoption story, Iams will donate pet food | Utah Sweet Savings

7. I didn’t grow up with animals and was sort of reluctant when my husband decided we needed a family pet. We made a trip to the local animal shelter and my daughter locked eyes with a tiny white kitten the moment we walked in the door. She refused to look at anything else and we left that day hoping it all worked out. That was over 2 years ago and our cat, Charlie Salt, has proven to be a beloved part of our family. We love him!

8. Lady of Perpetual Chaos says:

I am a huge supporter of shelter adoptions so when we decided to add a dog to our family that was where we went. We found Dexter, our golden lab mix, and knew he was perfect for us. And now, nine years later, he’s an amazingly sweet part of our family who has (thankfully) stopped excitement peeing. ;o)

9. Adrian says:

All of our animals are adopted from shelters or private owners who could no longer keep them. They are a great mix – 3 crazy cats, and 2 goofy dogs. Each has such a unique personality, They are a major source of entertainment when we have company over. I even have a YouTube video of our cat who loves to play fetch with those little green army guys – he’s hilarious! What a character.

10. Alayne says:

We adopted a 9 year old Dalmatian from a shelter. Nobody else seemed to want an old dog. I’m glad we got her. For 7 years she was a loyal friend who gave my little family unconditional love. She brought such a wonderful spirit and vitality into our home and we miss her every day (she passed in her sleep almost 3 years ago.) My young children love to tell stories about her (like the times she dumped all the garbage and spread it throughout the house, or the times when they were babies how she would lick their little legs and sleep on the floor next to their crib).

11. Jill says:

We received our dog Roxy from a family that was moving about 4 years ago. She has been an incredibly loyal doc, and brought a lot of comfort to our family during a particularly hard time.

12. Kathleen Carman says:

We adopted our sweet Sammy Kitty from the Shelter. We had just lost our little MaltiPoo a few months earlier and were feeling an empty place in our hearts. Even though my hubby has never really been a cat person, he could see the advantages of a cat over a dog at that point in our lives. That was back in 2002 (she was just 2 years old and her former owners had to give her up because of severe allergies). She is a typical, independent cat, but she has developed such a personality over the many years that we have had her. She is getting older now, and starting to slow down some, and I just can’t imagine the day when we won’t have her with us any more. There is nothing like an animal in your life to teach you the joy of loving companionship.

13. Veronica says:

I have adopted several dogs from the shelter in the past. The last one was a pitbull female who nobody wanted to adopt, because of her breed. She fits in well with my other four dogs. One id Buddy, who we also adopted, he was going to be put down because he always chased the school bus. Corona, was saved when she was 10 weeks old, she was not being fed and had eyes that were so matted shut and ulcers on them. When we took her to the vet she could barely see, light hurt her eyes and she had a skin infection from being in her own waste constantly. The vet was not sure if she would ever be able to see more than a few inches in front of her. I put her ointment and drops in her eyes 4 times a day and she can now see just as well as my other fur babies. I also have Bugsy another pit and Bentley a hairless chinese crested.

14. Mandy says:

I grew up with many pets. My fiance however has had one. I always knew the joy and love a pet could bring so, when we started a family I wanted to make sure my daughter had the chance to know that feeling as well. It took a little while, but three years after having our daughter we finally decided it was the right time to adopt. When we got to the shelter and saw all the kitties waiting for their forever homes I wanted all of them LOL But knew I couldn’t. We decided on a kitten that we renamed Karl. It took a few days for us to be able to take him because he needed neutered but it was well worth the wait! I remember the drive home we let him out of the crate and he sat on my fiance shoulder the whole way home. :) He’s brought so much joy into our lives that we wouldn’t know what we would do without him. Adopting is such a great thing!

15. One of the most special dogs I have ever had in my life was rescued from a shelter in Colorado. Not by me, but for me. It was a loving gesture by my then boyfriend and I almost did not accept that amazing dog into my life. I just felt like it was all too soon and too early and *wrong*, since my beloved Golden Retriever had just recently died. But I was also miserable living a life without a dog. I am girl who is best when she her heart is carried around by four furry paws.

My boyfriend knew this even better than me. He adopted a black lab/pit bull mix puppy from a shelter and brought him to me. That puppy was full of explosive and crazy energy and I immediately told him that he just had to take him back. This was an INSANE idea. But I was told that THAT puppy had already been adopted and returned 4 times and I was his last hope.

Last hope. It turned out that Clyde was my saving grace. My relationship with the boyfriend ended, but that dog, Clyde, carried my heart in his gently for seventeen truly wonderful and amazing years. I can honestly share that I am still on this planet because Clyde chose to share his heart with me.

You never realize that the life you save when you adopt from a shelter just might be your own.

16. Kerstin Larson says:

Every dog I’ve ever had (6 total) has been a rescue dog. My latest dog freyja is the best dog I’ve ever had. I encourage anyone I know who is getting a dog to research the breed, and consider their dog a member of the family, and treat it as such. ( no tying it out or leaving it alone for long periods of time, buy good food and take to vet, spay, neuter, etc). There are too many neglected/abandoned pets. I love doing what I can to help prevent that. :)

17. Lisa F. says:

One of my dogs was a stray, a little long-haired Chihuahua loose in the middle of a snowstorm. I called the shelter to pick her up, figuring someone had to be looking for her. But nobody ever called about her. When I called to check on her the next day, they said they were going to put her to sleep because she was fearful and they worried she’d be a fear-biter. Well, I couldn’t let that happen. Since I was the one that called them for her, they said I could adopt her. So a free stray ended up costing me to adopt! LOL! But, she has been the best girl. Makes me sad to think how many others are good dogs but are just scared and don’t get the chance she did.

18. Kathy says:

It was a cold, frigid day in December 2009. I was looking out my living room window as it was snowing outside. It was blizzard conditions, white upon white, when through the snow I saw something moving. I could not believe it, but it was a dog. I got into my van and tried to find him. He was down the block in a foot of snow. I called this poor fella, and he just stopped and starred at me. He walked slowly towards me, passed me and jumped right into my van and laid on the floor next to the heat. He was freezing. I took him home, wrapped him in blankets, gave him a great meal and held him in my arms as he slept. I took him to the shelter the next morning to see if he was lost, or to see if anyone would claim him, but TO MY LUCK, I adopted him. We both lived happily ever after.

19. rach says:

My first adopted pet came to me when I was a little girl. My grandmother took me to pick out a cat. I’ve been taking in homeless, unwanted pets ever since. Never buy; too many homeless animals.

Comments are closed.