The Honest Kitchen has offered a great package of treats for the dog owner who cares about the planet and the health of their pet! One lucky reader will get a pack of Smooches, Nuzzles, and Pecks!
- Smooches, Nuzzles, and Pecks are all packed in new eco-friendly packaging, which includes boxes made from 100 percent post-consumer recycled chip board, recyclable inner bags, and soy based inks for printing. The finished product is 100percent biodegradable and reduces the amount of virgin materials and carbon-based substances used to make the product.
- The Honest Kitchen also employs several other eco-conscious practices for its entire line of human-grade holistic pet products, including: only certified organic grains, hormone and antibiotic-free meats, non-GMO fruits and vegetables and certified fair-trade quinoa in all of its products – This practice supports sustainable farming processes and helps decrease the amount of toxic chemicals being released into precious ecosystems.
- Only soy-based inks used for all package printing – Soy-based inks require substantially less energy to produce in comparison to standard petroleum-based inks, and also help reduce air pollution.
- All packaging elements are produced in North America to prevent reliance on excessive transportation, which in turn helps reduce carbon emissions.Virgin materials have been eliminated whenever possible.
Want a chance to win? Here are the rules:
- Visit The Honest Kitchen website, then leave a comment on this post telling us what you thought.
- Comment here before 9:00pm (MST) on April 29th, 2009.
- You may enter once a day until the deadline, as long as you have visited The Honest Kitchen website.
- Be sure to fill out the comment form correctly, as the winner will be contacted by email. Please do not put your email address in the actual comment, as it will be seen by everyone.
- The winner will have 3 days to reply to the email, otherwise a new winner will be chosen.
For extra entries (please come back and leave a comment for each extra you do):
- Add our blog to your RSS reader.
- Add our blog to your blogroll.
- “Tweet” about this giveaway on Twitter.
- Write a blog post about this contest.
- Follow The Honest Kitchen on Twitter.
*this giveaway is now closed, thank you to all who entered*